Conveyor control system. Starsort
StarSort is an integrated hardware and software system that controls Material Handling Equipment (MHE) in distribution centers.
Conveyors, merges, carton, trolley and piece sorters, and many other types of equipment can all be controlled with StarSort.
StarSort provides a single, unified, scalable solution to MHE requirements in the modern distribution center.
Being a single solution, only one software package is required to control multiple types of equipment. As a unified solution StarSort modules work together and with other Equinox systems seamlessly.
As a modular system StarSort is scalable – additional modules can be plugged into the system as the need arises and existing modules can be easily expanded to meet changing needs and accommodate growth.
StarSort provides the operator a clear view into the control process with the StarGaze user interface. All StarSort modules can be monitored and controlled from a single workstation.
- Support for different types of material handling equipment from different manufacturers
- Merges and combiners (including scanner merges supporting product train integrity)
- Sorters with single or multiple induction stations and any number of lanes
- Other equipment (strappers, carton labeling machines) on request
- Support for the following types of IO
- OPTO 22 Pamux (Classic (B4) ir Snap), OPTO 22 Direct Digital IO
- Allen-Bradley Remote IO
- Telemecanique FIP IO
- Support for other types is available on request
- Operation requires no user intervention
- Various ways of product destination assignment
- Host uploads and downloads
- Integration with other Equinox products (VISION, EXACT, ECS, etc.)
- Hardware fault tolerance
- Power saving features
- Starsort user interface – STARGAZE provides means to
- Control products sortation and distribution hardware and software from local or remote workstation (start, stop, perform manual control, etc.)
- View current sorter status, faults and warnings
- Perform runtime configuration of sorter devices and sorter parameters
- Displays all statistical information about sorter performance
- Displays statistical information helpful to diagnose hardware faults
- Displays timeline and bar charts for selected statistical data
- Supports access levels for different users
- Provides a number of testing and calibration tools